Banshee Ranch is proud to host our very own State Champion Drill Team! Our very first year to go the State Championships and our team brought home the gold! Could not be more proud of this team and the effort them put into coming together. More important than that we had a blast and forged friendships that will last a lifetime. This year we would like to carve out more time for team building. We are looking to book a camping or river trip so all the families can get to know each other. Without the wonderful parents that volunteer for everything from transporting the horses to coordinating the uniforms this would not be possible. At the end of the day it’s about family and friendship so even though we have great competitors that is what comes first here at Banshee Ranch. We like to think we win because we build out team the right way! So please come join is and see what all the fuss is about.
Rhythm & Reins was started in 2012 by a small team of six girls looking to try something new. The team is currently composed of 20 young girls that range from 8 to 18 years of age. They love drill team and live to ride their horses. The team performs at rodeos and several parades. The girls look forward to entertaining people with their skill while having fun and showing how much time, dedication and heart goes in to their horses and the team.
* Weekly Practice
*Novice (walk trot performances) Team 5:00pm to be voted
*Advanced Team 6:15pm to be voted
* December 9th at 11:00 a.m. – Christmas Parade Montgomery
*March 3rd Drill in the Pines in Nacogdoches, TX (Pending)
*April 28th Giddings, TX (Pending)
* June – State Championships (pending release date)
More performances will be booked as different associations post their schedule for the year.
At the beginning of each month, you will be asked to sign up for which events you are able to attend. If there are any extra costs associated with these, it will be highlighted next to the event. We understand that due to hectic family schedules, not everyone will be able to attend everything, but once you sign up for an event, there will be a $40 fine if you fail to show. This is due to most events being partner activities, and you will be leaving another member without a partner.
For events, we understand that not every parent will be able to go to everything. While certain parents are going to be in charge of hauling our horses to events, other parents can help out in other ways such as providing drinks, snacks, and other things to make the events go smoothly. Each of these volunteer roles will be assigned the week before the event to give everyone plenty of notice. It is an expectation that every parent help out in some way. This is a team not a babysitting group.
These fees go to cover the use of the arena, drill equipment, trainer time, stalling fees, trailer maintenance, uniforms, flags, show tack, feed & hay (when at events, the horses not the kids feed!), equipment necessary to support team of horses on the road (buckets, pans, hay bags, ect.) and at over night events. We hope to get chaps added this year but we will see how fundraising goes.
- $250 Sign Up Fee (One time fee)
- $50 Monthly Membership fee
- $500 Buy out of Fundraising activities. (Each rider will be expected to raise at least $500 thru fundraising or sponsorship’s obtained by the individual rider.)
- Participation is limited by available horses (unless you qualify with your own mount) so please be sure to get in tryouts early.
- There will be no cost per practice or per performance.
- In order to keep cost low, we will be doing several fundraisers and are seeking sponsors.
- The individual riders will be responsible for purchasing their own costume/jeans for each event but the ranch will provide the main uniform shirt and the drill tack for the horses.
Participants on drill team are role models for Banshee and our community. As such, we have an expectation that they treat others kindly, refrain from gossip and negative attitudes, and have an inclusive mentality. This year we’d like to keep the rules simple:
- Rider must be at the practice before a performance to be in performance unless excused.
- Rider must be paid up on your dues before each performance.
- Rider must participate in 50% of the Drill Teams “desensitizing classes” which are to be held once a month.
- Rider or family member must participate in 75% of fundraiser activities. This responsibility can be relieved by a $200 buy out option.
- Rider must own or lease a horse to be used for drill. In place of a lease, rider can be enrolled full time in lesson program (minimum 4 lessons a month)
- Horses brought into drill must pass judging at desensitizing classes as well as be able to perform at the required level (8-12 minutes of trotting-loping with several taxing maneuvers).
Fundraising: We will be looking for sponsors to allow us the financial flexibility by our member’s better costumes and other occurring expenses that come from showing and traveling with the team. We will also be doing some fund-raising activities. If you wish to buy out of participating in the fundraiser, the buyout is $500 accepted at the beginning of the season. Otherwise, you’ll be expected to participate at 75% of the fundraising activities.